Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eli Makes Plans

Hello all!  Exciting news for your girl Eli here--my amazing mama has registered us (her, my sister, and me) for a shopping trip to New York City on December 11th!!!!!!  Yay!  So in a month I'm going to be prowling the fabulous selection of purses in Chinatown/Canal Street, and nomming delectable cannoli from Mulberry Street/Little Italy, and swooning over designer stores on Fifth Avenue.  I can't wait!

Buying purses and pashminas in Chinatown is one of the great joys in life.  I love accessories, but being a poor college student, I can't afford the truly yummy designer labels.  But I CAN afford the knockoffs, and hey, why drop several hundred dollars on a purse if you can get nearly the same thing for twenty?  Also, I L-O-V-E buying scarves and pashminas from Canal Street.  See, the thing is, when I went to Spain, they sold beautiful scarves on the street for about three euro, which works out to be around five or six dollars.  When I came back Stateside, I had a deep thirst for scarves, but I soon discovered that here they sell for thirty dollars and up.  WHAT?!  But in Chinatown, they sell gorgeous scarves and pashminas for European prices--about five bucks a scarf.  Shopper's paradise.

As for Fifth Avenue, well, I can't really afford anything there, but I can go and look, and the stores are so classy that if I drool on the cases, the staff just whip out monogrammed paper towels and clean up after me.  Especially in Tiffany's.  In fact, every time I go into a Tiffany's shrine--er, store--management assigns someone to follow me around with a mop.

xoxo,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment