Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eli Shops!: Martha Stewart Edition

Hi there lovelies!  I'm sorry I haven't posted recently, but I'm a college girl, and we're getting down to the wire here with the end of the semester just around the corner. 


My tree all lit up!

So I have a confession to make: it's not just Christmas shopping that I love, it's the whole season.  I love the lights and seeing Santa at the mall and snow and watching Love Actually every day and yes, I even love hearing Christmas carols all the time.  I especially love how everyone seems to be in a good mood.  One of my favorite things to do to get into the holiday spirit is to decorate (and fortunately I have a roommate who agrees!).  To that end, this past weekend I made a trip to Target and Michaels to get some fun decorations.


This time of year, I live by the words of Diana Vreeland, who said "A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika."  Amen, sister!  I am unabashedly tacky around this time of year, hanging tinsel garlands and lights and paper snowflakes all over the place.  I bought a miniature tree for my dorm room from Michaels, and I will tell you right now, it is pink.  And sparkly.  And pre-lit.  So naturally I bought a silver star and colorful ornaments for it.  Then at Target I also got some fetching magenta-and-red tinsel, plus a beautiful sparkly wooden sign for my door that has a snowman on it and says "Let It Snow."  Oh, and the best part about all of this?  The tree (together with decorations) cost me $15.  The tinsel cost $3 for 18 feet, and the sign set me back a grand total of $6.  Who needs to spend a fortune on decorations when you can be tacky and fun for so little?? 

I wasn't always the class act you see now.


Happy Decorating!!
xoxo,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment