Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fashion Show! Fashion Show! Fashion Show At Lunch!

Hey lovelies!  So I just finished watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, and I know it's not strictly shopping-related, but I just HAD to talk about it.  I absolutely LOVED it!!  I loved how all the Angels were smiling and having fun up there on the runway--it really let their true beauty shine.  Plus, it made wearing all of that look like a party--how many times have you seen fashion shows where the models looked so grim it totally put you off the clothes? 

I also have to admit...I almost cried when Chanel walked out with her first pair of wings.  Okay, so I'm really emotional right now anyway, but still.  She was so happy and beautiful and you could tell that she was just loving life right then.  I got all choked up--she was LUMINOUS!!!


The beautiful Chanel Iman with her first pair of wings!
I wasn't a huge fan of Katy Perry's performance/outfits, though.  I thought the first one kind of made her look like a giant purple queen ant, with a big old egg sac right on her bum, and the second dress was cute except for the bit in the front where she was wearing something that looked like high-waisted chastity knickers.  Umm, okay...  And I was less than impressed by her performance.  She was seriously upstaged by the vivacity and stage presence of the models, and honestly her voice didn't sound too great.  Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy her music, but her performance was not particularly good.

Akon was wonderful, though.  I loved how the models interacted with him--it was so cute.  I also really loved the song he sang--"Angel," so appropriate!

I think the message we should all take away from this show is that beauty--true beauty--really is lit from within.  You don't have to be a Victoria's Secret Angel to be beautiful.  You just need to be happy and have fun and love life, and your natural beauty will shine out.  Remember the wise words of that most beautiful and elegant of women Audrey Hepburn: "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."  Go out there and be happy and beautiful!!!!

xoxo,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment